“Receive the Holy Spirit for the Office and Work of a Priest in the Church of God, now committed to you by the Imposition of our Hands; in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.”
With these words, I was ordained to the priesthood by Bishop Frank Lyons on Saturday, October 6th, marking the beginning of an exciting new season of ministry. In some ways much will change, in other ways little.
What remains the same is that I will continue to serve, though now as rector (senior pastor), my parish (family of congregations) which we are calling All Nations Anglican Parish. This parish consists of Iglesia de la Resurrección, New Generation, Briar Street and San Marcos in Berwyn/Cicero. This parish, with Iglesia as a “home-base” of sorts, is slowly growing in stability, indigenous leadership and spiritual formation, praise the Lord.
One significant change is that I am transitioning out of my facilitation role with Mosaic, a part-time position which I have held for a little over three years. This will allow me to invest fully in my work as parish priest and church planter. I am deeply grateful for all I’ve learned with my time at Mosaic especially in the areas of multi-church partnerships, immigrant church dynamics and church mobilization for cross-cultural mission.
This transition out of Mosaic, which has been a significant source of monthly income, leads me into a new season of partnership development. I am excited to use this as an opportunity to catch up with many friends and partners in ministry and to share my vision for reaching the nations and the poor here in Chicagoland through church planting.
Some other things in the pipeline:
- A potential new Pakistani congregation
- A west coast trip to visit several key Hispanic Anglican congregations and leaders
- Increased partnership with a congregation in “la Villita,” the heart of the Hispanic community in Chicago.
If you’d like to partner with me in this new season there are several ways to do so:
- Financial partners. I am seeking to raise $1,200 in monthly support. If you’d like to contribute on a regular basis or as one-time gift please click here.
- Prayer partners. Prayer team of 10 weekly and 10 daily prayer warriors.
- Co-laborers. Youth mentors and leaders, church planters, soccer coaches, ESL teachers.
For all of you who have partnered and prayed for me: Thank you! I deeply crave your prayers and support in this new season as well. Blessings!